“Managers are people who do things right, while leaders are people who do the right thing.”– Warren Bennis Ph.D. “On Becoming a Leader”.
Good leaders are made not born. If you have the desire and willpower, you can become an effective leader.
To inspire your people into higher levels of work and productivity, there are certain things you must be, know, and, do. These do not come naturally, but acquired through continual work on oneself and study. The best leaders are continually working, studying and developing to improve their leadership skills. Good leaders develop through a never-ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience.
Leadership Is More Than a Word
We can find leadership in many places-on the shop floor, in the field, around a conference table, in the boardroom. Wherever you turn in a dynamic environment, you will find leadership over there. The ability to influence others is the hallmark of effective leaders. This programme works on developing the competencies that allow managers to influence and lead others. These competencies are built on the foundations of basic managerial skills, interpersonal skills and business acumen, leading to leadership abilities.
Research, EQ and Leadership
More than 25 years of research in the neurological field and specific studies about the factors that contribute to leadership and success in the workplace have resulted in breaking through perceptions about intelligence. Quantifiable data on performance and leadership in varied industries and organizations has resulted in the body of study called emotional intelligence (EQ). These years of research have named and identified the “intangibles” that predict leadership and success in the workplace. EQ explains why people with intellectual brilliance coupled with great experience in education do not always become the most capable leaders.
- Are you a Manager or a Leader?
- Leadership Competencies of High Achievers
- Leadership Characteristics and Skills Survey
- Discovering your Leadership Style
- The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
- Leadership and Values, Mission and Vision
- The five practices of outstanding Leadership
- Motivating and Inspiring Others: How high is your People Quotient
- Listening Styles and Communicating with Empathy
- The Situational Leadership Model
- Leadership Styles that get results
- Levels of Organizational Leadership
- Keys Leadership traits of the 21st Century
- 10 things authentic leaders do
- Coaching, Counseling, Mentoring Skills of Leadership
- A Plan for Leadership Development
How will one benefit from participating in the workshop?
- Distinguish the difference between a manager and a leader
- Understand and use various leadership models
- Take steps to create your own Vision and Mission statement
- Develop the ability to lead, coach and empower others to higher levels of achievement
- Elevate your leadership skills
- Transform your work environment
- Enhance your capacity to lead cross-functional initiatives and corporate projects
- Create an Action Plan to implement program takeaways in your work environment.
Assessment Questionnaires, Games, Interactive Exercises, Experiential Learning Activities, Films, Lecturettes and Discussions.